(South Shore Range) NYS Concealed Carry 18 Hour Course
CALL THE OFFICE FOR ASSISTANCE IF NEEDED: Monday - Friday 10 am - 4 pm 631-876-5438
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE A CURRENT NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE
You Must attend all dates listed below for this training course:
Saturday February 24th TIME: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday March 2nd TIME: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: NYS CONCEALED CARRY FIREARM SAFETY TRAINING
The New York State Concealed carry firearms safety training requires (16) hours of -in-person live classroom instruction and (2) hours of live-fire training by Duly Authorized Instructors. Safety Quest Limited is authorized to provide this instruction. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the NYS required 18 hours of training.
(16) Hour In-Person Classroom Instruction Consists of:
- General firearm safety
- Firearm safety storage
- NYS and Federal gun laws
- Concealed Carry situational awareness – firearm display and concealment
- Conflict de-escalation tactics
- Adverse alcohol and drug effects and firearm safety
- Best practices when encountering law enforcement
- Statutorily defined sensitive and restrictive places
- Conflict management
- Use of deadly physical force
- Suicide prevention
- Basic principles of marksmanship
Following completion of the (16) hour in-person classroom instruction each student must score a minimum of 80% on a NYS required written test covering the course curriculum.
(2) Hour Live-Fire Course Curriculum Topics Consist of:
- Range safety, safe drawing, target acquisition, and re-holstering, dry firing, safe loading & unloading ofammunition, performing a firearm condition check: how to achieve and verify a safe and empty firearm condition and the safe discharging of the firearm
Following the live-fire training, each student must demonstrate proficiency as required by New York State conducted by the Duly Authorized Instructor.
For those Suffolk County residents residing in the Towns of Southold, Shelter Island, Southampton, East Hampton, or Riverhead direct all pistol license matters to the following address:
Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office
100 Center Drive
Riverhead New York 11901
*NOTE: For Suffok PD Pistol Licensing ONLY you can not take the class without a pistol permit. For those Suffolk County residents residing in the Towns of Brookhaven, Babylon, Islip, Huntington and Smithtown direct all pistol license matters to the following address:
Suffolk County Police Department