CLOSED Nassau NYS Concealed Carry 18 Hour Course Day 1
THIS CLASS IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHOOSE ANOTHER DATE. THANK YOU
CALL THE OFFICE IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE: Monday - Friday 10 am - 4 pm 631-876-5438
MUST PREPAY PRIOR TO CLASS: PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD ONLY: NO REFUNDS - RE-SCHEDULES ONLY
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE A CURRENT NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE
You Must attend all dates listed below for this training course:
Saturday, April 8th TIME: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 15th TIME: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: NYS CONCEALED CARRY FIREARM SAFETY TRAINING
The New York State Concealed carry firearms safety training requires (16) hours of -in-person live classroom instruction and (2) hours of live-fire training by Duly Authorized Instructors. Safety Quest Limited is authorized to provide this instruction. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the NYS required 18 hours of training.
(16) Hour In-Person Classroom Instruction Consists of:
- General firearm safety
- Firearm safety storage
- NYS and Federal gun laws
- Concealed Carry situational awareness – firearm display and concealment
- Conflict de-escalation tactics
- Adverse alcohol and drug effects and firearm safety
- Best practices when encountering law enforcement
- Statutorily defined sensitive and restrictive places
- Conflict management
- Use of deadly physical force
- Suicide prevention
- Basic principles of marksmanship
Following completion of the (16) hour in-person classroom instruction each student must score a minimum of 80% on a NYS required written test covering the course curriculum.
(2) Hour Live-Fire Course Curriculum Topics Consist of:
- Range safety, safe drawing, target acquisition, and re-holstering, dry firing, safe loading & unloading ofammunition, performing a firearm condition check: how to achieve and verify a safe and empty firearm condition and the safe discharging of the firearm
Following the live-fire training, each student must demonstrate proficiency as required by New York State conducted by the Duly Authorized Instructor.
|Event Date||04-08-2023 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||04-15-2023 5:00 pm|
|Registered||20 [View List]|
|Individual Price||$275.00 Must Pre-pay Prior to Class: Payment By Credit Card Only - No Refunds - Re-Schedules OnlP|
|Location||Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range|