CLOSED Setauket FIRE DEPARTMENT - NYS Concealed Carry 18 Hour Course DAY 1
MUST PRE-PAY PRIOR TO CLASS: PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD ONLY
NO REFUNDS - RE-SCHEDULES ONLY
For Setauket Fire Department Memeber ONLY. Do Not register if you are not a member. The Fire House Reserves the right to turn away non-members.
Attention: Suffolk P.D has now said you must submit your application before the class.
For you convenience, please see the addresses and websites below. For those Suffolk County residents residing in the Towns of Southold, Shelter Island, Southampton, East Hampton, or Riverhead direct all pistol license matters to the following address:
Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office
100 Center Drive
Riverhead New York 11901
For those Suffolk County residents residing in the Towns of Brookhaven, Babylon, Islip, Huntington and Smithtown direct all pistol license matters to the following address:
Suffolk County Police Department
Pistol Licensing Division
30 Yaphank Avenue
Yaphank, New York 11980
There is an additional $50 ammo fee for qualifying with a Simunition weapon payable at the door by cash, check, or money order
SETAUKET FIRE DEPARTMENT MAIN HOUSE: 190 Main Street, Setauket, NY 11733
CALL THE OFFICE IF ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED: Monday - Friday 10 am - 4 pm 631-876-5438
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE A CURRENT NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE
You Must attend all dates listed below for this training course and 2 Hours Range Time
Saturday September 23rd TIME: 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (total 8 hours)
Sunday September 24th TIME: 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (total 8 hours)
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE (16) HOUR IN-PERSON CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION AND TAKE THE REQUIRED RANGE TIME (2 Hours) Range times are scheduled at the class with the instructor
COURSE DESCRIPTION: NYS CONCEALED CARRY FIREARM SAFETY TRAINING
The New York State Concealed carry firearms safety training requires (16) hours of -in-person live classroom instruction and (2) hours of live-fire training by Duly Authorized Instructors. Safety Quest Limited is authorized to provide this instruction. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the NYS required 18 hours of training.
(16) Hour In-Person Classroom Instruction Consists of:
- General firearm safety
- Firearm safety storage
- NYS and Federal gun laws
- Concealed Carry situational awareness – firearm display and concealment
- Conflict de-escalation tactics
- Adverse alcohol and drug effects and firearm safety
- Best practices when encountering law enforcement
- Statutorily defined sensitive and restrictive places
- Conflict management
- Use of deadly physical force
- Suicide prevention
- Basic principles of marksmanship
Following completion of the (16) hour in-person classroom instruction each student must score a minimum of 80% on a NYS required written test covering the course curriculum.
(2) Hour Live-Fire Course Curriculum Topics Consist of:
- Range safety, safe drawing, target acquisition, and re-holstering, dry firing, safe loading & unloading ofammunition, performing a firearm condition check: how to achieve and verify a safe and empty firearm condition and the safe discharging of the firearm
Following the live-fire training, each student must demonstrate proficiency as required by New York State conducted by the Duly Authorized Instructor.